analytics

Monday, January 31, 2011

beloved

every move
for me is like riding
the crest of some oscillation

ringing around you
in endless orbit

at each moment approaching
never reaching

this movement is what i am
i have been falling so long
that doing so defines me
and sets the edges of my days

to say that i long to be near you
is really missing the point
this longing is what i am
as long as you are in the bounds of my perception

somewhere in the fabric of my design
you name is etched
within the substance
that fills me

all of my wanderings
in search of you
are merely the execution
of instructions

the inscriptions
that chart the path between us
the scripture of devotion
which seems to have no end

now
this is the verse
i am sending you
so you may guess
why you always see me
stumbling
whirling
falling

treading all around the tracks
you leave
like a wake
in my ocean

(copyright Peter Watts 12.08.2010)

No comments: