analytics

Sunday, August 14, 2011

renaissance

serve me up
like food

spoon up the substance
of my flesh and blood
and drink my marrow

take the offering of my life,
all my love,
all my precious youth
and the few fleeting moments
we've been given. . .

while we are here together
take it all

repay me only with your scorn
and curse me with your contempt
call me a fool
ridicule me in front of my closest friends,
because i loved you in my foolish way
laugh at my pain
and all the bitter tears
i shed in silence and solitude for you. . .
all the while i pray for your redemption
and the dawning of your awareness,

for this gift
desecrate even my memory
and defile my remains. . .

in the morning i will be born again
from the dung heap
a beautiful innocent youth
free of guile, pride, and deceit

and i will give my life for you again
without a moment's hesitation
. . .

copyright Peter Asher Watts 2011

No comments: